Eco Driving - Save money on fuel
Here are a few hints and tips on how to reduce fuel consumption by at least 15% and how to become a less stressed driver.
- Low revs, high gear
- For best fuel efficiency change gears up at 2,000 revs in a diesel 2,500 in a petrol and change down at 1500 revs
- Read the road
- Be proactive not reactive look for hazards that could affect you and other road users , vision before decision
- Plan ahead
- Vision before decision a good driver needs to look in the far distance as far as the eye can see, this will improve your driving 90%. Also include looking in the middle,near and peripheral areas and make frequent use of mirrors not forgetting a glance down at your speedometer
- Keep moving
- Rather than rush in and slam the brakes on then accelerate away be proactive and assess the hazard and try to keep the vehicle moving. Slow to flow or plan to stop but look to go.
- Engine braking
- Where possible take your foot off the gas earlier on approach to a hazard this slows your vehicle down using engine braking and saves fuel and brake pads etc its called a free ride!
- Block gear changing
- This saves fuel and wear and tear on your vehicle i.e gear boxes, clutches etc one hazard one gear for instance on approach at a roundabout 6th down to 2nd perhaps or when overtaking in a lower gear block change up a couple of gears. Less gear changes and a safer cleaner environment.
- Tyre Pressure checks
- Again important for saving fuel and providing adequate grip and control of the vehicle Under inflation is one of the top contributory factors in crashes,especially with motorbikes. Remember your tyres are the only contact with the road surface so they need to be in good condition.
Our students gain free online access to a
e-learning platform which contains DSA practice questions, videos and much more.
You can get a £5.00 discount on your 1st lesson by simply mentioning Chariot School of Motoring on Twitter or Liking us on Facebook after you book.
Terms & Conditions apply
* The prices listed above are correct as of
5th August 2015 but are subject to change.
driving lesson now
Read our hints and tips on how to save at least 15% on fuel consumption.
Learning with Chariot School of Motoring taught me a good variety of knowledge and helped me to pass my test 1st time with only 2 minor faults I also did pass plus which i found boosted my confidence even more and also helped with insurance costs